George W. Bush's presidency since 2005
George W. Bush's presidency from 2000-04
Bush Bests Kerry
Gauging the truth behind Powell's reputation.
Recounting the controversial presidential campaign.
Is the national media a danger to democracy?
The story behind President Clinton's impeachment.
Pinochet & Other Characters.
Rev. Sun Myung Moon and American politics.
Contra drug stories uncovered
How the American historical record has been tainted by lies and cover-ups.
The 1980 October Surprise scandal exposed.
From free trade to the Kosovo crisis.
Year-End Report from the Editor
America is at a crossroad in 2007. And so is Consortiumnews.com.
That's why I ask you to consider making a year-end, tax-deductible donation to Consortiumnews.com.
For 11 years now, we have provided investigative journalism on important topics – including issues of national security, constitutional liberties, human rights, politics, the environment, and international crime.
But never has our work been more important than it is today.
George W. Bush's assertion of unlimited presidential powers was dealt a blow in the November elections, but the battle for the future of the American Republic will be fought out in the months ahead.
Bush and his neoconservative advisers are politically wounded, but that will only make them more desperate. In just the past few weeks, Bush has made crystal clear that he has no intention of reversing course in Iraq or elsewhere.
So, the political battle lines are being drawn – and our goal is to continue providing you the original front-line reporting that you have come to expect from us.
In 2006 alone, we have published more than 275 stories, cutting through the misguided "conventional wisdom" of Washington and revealing information that otherwise would never have reached the public.
And in recent weeks, we've updated our Web site in response to suggestions from many of our readers:
- We've launched a new blog, Consortiumblog.com, to allow online discussions of our stories and other news of the day.
- We've added RSS feeds to make it easier for readers to keep track of our stories.
- We've provided e-mail forwarding capabilities and links to Delicious.com and Digg.com to help you share our content with others.
- And we've modernized the look and feel of our site.
As 2007 approaches, we plan to undertake other new projects that can succeed only with your help. We intend to:
- Publish a new book that will incorporate much of the reporting that we have done over the past several years – with the working title Neck Deep: George W. Bush & the Fight for the AmericanRepublic.
- Create a new advocacy tool, called "Fact Finders," which will involve our readers in helping to expose and to disseminate newsworthy information that the government would prefer to keep hidden.
- Monitor oversight investigations that will start in Washington now that Democrats are in charge of congressional committees.
- Expand our reporting on the Iraq War – and on the Bush administration's disregard for the American constitutional system.
But to do all this, we need your help.
Please make a year-end, tax-deductible donation, as much or as little as you can afford.
You can contribute either by credit card at Consortiumnews.com or by sending a check to Consortium for Independent Journalism (CIJ), Suite 102-231, 2200 Wilson Blvd., Arlington VA 22201. (CIJ is a 501-c-3 non-profit organization.)
Thank you for your help and your support.
Robert Parry, Editor
to Home Page